Wednesday, August 20, 2008

World Traveler

I just pitched an in-flight magazine with a story based on my France trip. I think they would be a good fit, and they have a huge circulation, so I hope they go for it. If not, I have researched six other places to send it, and there are always more.

I've decided the safest way for me to blog about my trip without giving up too much of the material I may need to reserve for first rights in a magazine is to write here for now only about the conference itself and the measures I took there in support of my book and to leave details of the sightseeing for later. It was my first academic conference, and I learned a great deal and met a lot of people. I want to write about it here in case it can help anyone else evaluate whether that kind of event would help their own project or career. I also just had a blast in general in France, and want to preserve all of my memories in writing. As you can see from my photos, it's so, so pretty, and I went at probably the best time of the year, with perfect weather.

No comments: