Friday, September 19, 2008

Places to Go and Things to Do

I'm very glad we have reached the weekend. I am going to go see a band tonight, Marvelous Toy (http://www.marveloustoy.net/), at Pehrspace in Echo Park. I reviewed them a while back for Performer Magazine, and they have a CD release party this evening. After that, I plan to kick back for the weekend. I want to work on setting some laptop stuff up and editing my book (I'm past page 350 in Parsifal) and just general clean up and catch up. I also need to work on my next pitch letter for my travel article - the inflight magazine has not bitten yet on the France trip, but I have several more places to contact. I am behind schedule on that, but I went on another short trip last week and I've been really overwhelmed with details since I got back. The artist grant I am interested in applying for needs my attention, too. I printed out the application form and plan to look at it tomorrow to start formulating ideas of how to frame my pitch for the award.

I just want to say, too, that I have been looking at one small press after another for The Flower of Knighthood, and one small press after another says that they are not currently looking at manuscripts because their slates are full. Just another nudge toward putting it out myself.

No comments: