Monday, September 29, 2008

West Hollywood Book Fair and Editing Progress

I attended the West Hollywood Book Fair for a little while on Sunday afternoon in order to try to research more publishers and writer's resources. The size of the fair was a lot more manageable than the annual L.A Times Book Fair at UCLA and there was the added benefit of free parking at the Pacific Design Center across San Vicente Blvd. I walked around and while I did not find any likely publishers, which didn't surprise me, I did find a little cove of writer's groups that offer workshops, networking opportunities, etc. I signed up to receive email info from all of them and I took literature so I can see if I think they would benefit me to join. I also joined up for the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society e-newsletter.

I am up to page 420 in my Parsifal book edits as of this morning, making slow and steady progress. I've been glued to the news today reading about the European bank nationalizations and the failure of the U.S. bailout bill, but I hope to work more on the book tonight. My pretty fantasy book is more than a little happier than the current global reality and I'm looking forward to getting back to it for a while tonight.

No comments: