Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grant Money

I am working on a grant application to try to get some funding to publish my books. It's a very long application and I have to prove some level of financial need, providing tax forms, etc. I've been pulling all of that together and completing the nuts and bolts part of the application, with contact information, etc. There are several required essays and I have finished two of them in the past two days, one asking for a description of how the cash award would help me meet my artistic goals, and the second requesting a description of what my writing means to me. It means the sun, the moon and the stars, and I basically said that. It's a large amount of money, and if I won it, it would change my life. Here's hoping the passion I expressed in my essay is convincing to the grant panel. I've put aside my book edits to work on this for now, which is totally worth it - it won't take me too much longer, and it's due by the end of the month. I needed a break from editing, anyway, which is why I've been reading the color and theology book. I think I needed that break to clear my mind for the grant application, and focusing on it will clear my mind enough to get back to editing after it's done. See how neatly it all works?

No comments: