Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Path is Levelling Out

I have been struggling a little with my book edits, because, as I Twittered recently, this rough draft is heavily overgrown and needs a lot of weeding. It's not exactly a first draft, because I did some streamlining as I went, especially as I typed the manuscript, but it needs a lot of work still and it's been progressing very slowly. However, I suddenly remembered the other day that I did a lot more editing during the writing process in the second half of the book. I hit my stride at one point, and I recall that it became much more refined after that. That is the point at which I had an a-ha! moment that made a profound shift in my writing approach which I then went back and retroactively applied to my first book. The bottom line is that this should get easier very soon.

No comments: