Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Editing Milestones

I just finished the latest round of edits for The Flower of Knighthood. I am printing a proof copy right now to go over with a fine-toothed comb to make sure I made all of the changes I needed to, which I have to finish at least to some degree by this weekend, because my Santa Barbara poetry conference starts on the 28th and I want to take copies of my book. I've been working on these latest edits since January, and it feels really good to have finished them.

I also am one third of the way through my first edit of Parsifal. That also feels great. I focused on writing it for so long that when I finished, I blew off some steam by taking some classes and doing some other activities, such as starting this blog. I did not really take a break, but I did ease up on my super-concentrated efforts of writing, and I needed to do that, so I am kind of surprised that I have gotten so much editing done in the last two months. I feel very highly motivated, and as I said in an earlier post, my style has gelled more over the course of the second book, so the editing, while intense, is easier than on the first book, because I know a lot more of what I am doing now.

No comments: