Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Editing Progress

I am hopefully in my last round of edits of The Flower of Knighthood. The book is relatively small, only 150 pages long. I have redlined the manuscript completely, and I have finished typing in about 50 pages of the changes I noted for myself. I am also currently on the first comprehensive edit of Parsifal. It is much longer, 600 pages in manuscript form. I am 80 pages into making edits and proofreading it. I write notes sections in the back of each volume, too, to further develop ideas, and to explain some of the symbolism that I use. The notes in TFOK are finished, but I have a lot of work to do on the ones for Parsifal. The book may be a few pages longer by the time I trim the text but add the notes. Whatever happens, it ended up being at least twice as long as I expected. I hope to finish the TFOK edits completely by the end of March when I go to the poetry conference, and I hope to finish the first round of Parsifal edits by late spring.

No comments: