Monday, November 17, 2008

Ciel Ceiling

I am still in the process of moving stuff back into my room at the artist's community and I took the opportunity to paint. I started a while back and never finished it. I had mixed several cans of a pretty pinkish lavendar but found that they are missing; I think they got thrown away. I found a small amount of the base lavendar I used for that batch and mixed it with a warmer neutral color to make a very nice dusty rose-ish shade. I used that on three walls and I painted a door and the ceiling robin's egg blue. A niche by the window that holds my dresser is the original lavendar I mixed months ago with scattered silver stars painted on the ceiling and I am going to paint a few more stars on the blue once it dries to tie everything together. The whole effect of the room is sky colors, which is very pretty and striking. I think the lavendar I had mixed would have been pretty, but maybe a bit too much for the entire big room, so perhaps it is for the best that it vanished. I wanted to use the paint we already had instead of letting it go to waste, and I did not want to spend much money. I did this scheme for only the cost of painting tape to keep the seams even. Not bad. I have kind of a Paris flew market design aesthetic and it looks nice with the pale colors. The floor is hardwood but it's kind of dull because whatever stain or polish was once there has worn off. I may do a rag-rub of a golden oak stain to brighten it a little. I think that would work nicely with the blue and pink. I have a gorgeous comforter from Anthropologie in NYC that looks like a patchwork of many vintage floral fabrics and it has a lot of muted hues that will pull everything together.

No comments: