Friday, March 6, 2009

The Apple Has Fallen From the Tree of Knowledge

I finally got my Apple MacBook Pro. I found a deal at one of the authorized resellers, MacMall, and bought it a week ago. I paid a few bucks extra for expedited shipping, and I got it before noon this past Monday. With their markdown (I think it is a 2008 model) and a $180 combined rebate on the laptop and software, I saved over $400.00 off of retail. Sweet. I already installed iWork, iLife and Norton AntiVirus and registered the machine. I plan to spend time this weekend installing the software for my Kodak digital camera and transferring photos. I need to post new stuff to my Etsy shop, and I've got to upload a ton of pictures for that. I also want to organize my France photos.

I still need to buy some more stuff associated with the Mac to get it primed to do everything I want to do with it - I need MIDI stuff, Logic Pro software, renter's insurance, a case to prevent scratching, a better laptop bag, etc., but I got the machine and I am really, really happy. I've got tons of poetry and writing material in an ancient PC laptop that I need to transfer to the new one so I can work on it.

The best part of this is that I was reading about Paradise (more about that later) when I found this computer online. So I named it Adam.

No comments: