Friday, March 27, 2009

Pages

Just a brief word on my recent editing progress - I divided my six hundred page book up into four sections to make it more manageable to edit, and I am only four pages away from completing the first one. I can knock that out today or tomorrow and move on to the next section. I am starting to get my motivation back on it. I was so tired from the grueling process of writing the book all through 2007 and then the even more grueling process of re-editing my first book that I kind of lost my focus for a while. I carved out some downtime to read a lot of books and rest up, and that was a good idea. I am now finding myself excited by the improvements to the book and the process of re-reading itthat is required to make them. I love this book, and poured heart and soul into it. It's worth all the effort that it needs.

I also pulled out the CD-ROM's from the self-publishing class I took a year ago and I uploaded the lectures to my ITunes so I can refresh my memory on the process. My next major purchase will be music equipment and LogicPro software for the Mac, but after that I am aiming to release the book, hopefully in the summer - that's six months behind my original projected schedule, but I guess that is not so bad considering our current money apocalypse. We'll see if anyone has any pocket change left to buy it.

No comments: