Monday, July 6, 2009

Self-Referential Blogging Link

I found this article very interesting, regarding the impact of blogging on media in general:

http://www.salon.com/books/excerpt/2009/07/06/scott_rosenberg/

I blog because I feel like writing about what I want to write about with no one to edit me. I get feedback in the form of comments, but that's just fine, and very different from running up against the wall of a publishing gatekeeper. I want to earn my own readers and I want to hear from them when something I write makes them think. Blogs are self-expression in a very high form, augmented by the opportunity to open a dialogue with others. I love writing here, when I have the energy to do it (see post below). I don't want to read every blog on earth, but the more there are, the merrier. Vive l'internet, I say, in all its chaotic glory.

No comments: