Monday, February 25, 2008

Poetic License

I will be attending the Santa Barbara Poetry Conference March 28-30 in Santa Barbara, CA. My aunt lives there, and I can stay with her and attend the conference in the daytime. I think that this event may be more beneficial to me than the previous writer's conference I attended in San Diego (see my long post of January 31, below). It has several workshops, which I am not that interested in because I prefer to write on my own and to not expose my developing work to critical comments until it's in a state of near-completion, but the conference is much smaller than the general interest one I went to, with only 75 people attending, and it's of course geared toward poetry. My King Arthur series is written in long-form poetic style and I want more feedback about its commercial viability. We'll see what happens. I will report back on what I learn.

No comments: