Sunday, June 1, 2008

Music Box a Little Off-Key

I was late to the Ladytron concert on Friday night because of this:

http://cbs2.com/local/Chase.Crash.Suspect.2.737325.html

It happened right in front of me. I was at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, and suddenly a low-speed car chase was occurring, with this car ultimately trying to go the wrong way down Hollywood, and then trying to turn onto Vine, all while being pursued by about seven cop cars and a helicopter. The cops lost patience and smashed into him, almost sending his car plowing into the crowd waiting for the bus. I ducked into a recessed doorway in case they started shooting, but they wrestled the guy into submission fast. Then they blocked the street off and it was hard for me to get home, but I finally did, and waited for the excitement to die down, because the concert venue, the Music Box at the Henry Fonda Theater, is only about two blocks from there. I got a decent parking spot on Sunset, but I missed all of Modwheelmood. I thought they were the second band, but apparently I was mistaken. I sat down just in time for Datarock, who were cool, but I was disappointed when the next act was Ladytron. I wanted to see all three bands. I'm cursed with Modwheelmood. This is the second time I've tried to see them and something happened to prevent it. It was just a weird evening in general, since it got off on the wrong foot and never quite righted itself. Nothing quite like a good old-fashioned Los Angeles murder suspect bizarre car chase. We're known for that kind of thing worldwide and I had front-row seats for that show if not for the music one. I'll give a more detailed rundown of the parts of the concert I did actually see on my music blog, click through on the sidebar if you are interested. I'll write and post it when I have a minute.

No comments: