Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blogging My Little Heart Out

I wanted to add something to my notes about my creative process with these books. As I said in an early post, I did not start a blog in the past because I was spending so much time writing the books that I did not want to siphon off any energy from them, which was the right decision for that situation. I needed to devote every minute that I could to them, because I had lost a lot of productive time due to various problems and demanding work, the kind of work that pays bills, not self-affirming work. When I got my inspiration, I did not want to mess it up by diverting any energy to other projects, but now it's actually really helping me to have this outlet. Reporting here on my progress is helping me stay on track and I want to have a record of what I accomplished, and how I did it. It's useful for psychological processing, too, and for addressing other topics that interest me but that I don't feel a need to cover in depth. I like to write in general, and I find it fun. These little capsule entries are a breeze after the huge, demanding projects I have undertaken the last few years. It's a completely different kind of writing than I am used to, and I really like it.

No comments: