Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When Worlds Collide

There is a giant flying saucer parked in front of my house right now. Some of my roommates went to the Lighting in a Bottle music festival just north of Santa Barbara over the Memorial Day weekend and several of their friends came back with them for a few days. The guests made a huge solar-powered UFO for the festival circuit, and it's now outside our house. There is also a major motion picture being filmed on our block starting today, so it's like a three-ring circus out there. It should calm down by this evening when I get home and start my book editing for the evening. There were so many people in the house Monday night when they all got back from the festival that I gave up trying to do any work and put in a DVD of Donnie Darko and sorted my socks while I watched it. It was like the circus was in the house then, no sense trying to work, so I thought putting in the weirdest movie I could find would fit the atmosphere, and it did. Some of the saucer people sat down and watched it with me. All we needed was a wormhole for them and they could have gotten home to Utah pronto.

Here is the saucer: http://www.thesolarsaucer.com/Photos.html

1 comment:

JediWright said...

Yay! The Solar Saucer rocked at LIB and Sugar was def eclectic today when I got him (in the afternoon).