Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Day, Another Draft

I just finished another draft of The Flower of Knighthood. I completed the readthrough this morning and typed in the last changes today while I was eating lunch. I'm printing it now for another copy edit. It feels done to me. I may catch a few more little things, but like I said, I have been going back and forth on some changes I made and historically when I start doing that, it's done. I also feel like I did when I was readying the copyright submission draft at the end of 2006, the final stages where almost everything is locked down and ready to go. I am working with my best friend, an artist and animator who also does web design, and we're getting ready to post the download option on my website soon, at www.fleurdamour.us. Stay tuned. He's also going to help me with the cover art for the physical book when I get that cued up. I got a concept to him a while back and he's been ruminating on it for a painting. I want kind of a '70's fantasy paperback-inspired look, with a Medieval feel to it. Something like this:

http://www.vintagepbks.com/images/sf/baf/baf_23485.jpg

I collaged the basic elements that need to go into the piece, and told him the style I want. We'll see what he comes up with. He's remarkably visually talented. I sat and watched him quickly sketch a perfect likeness of someone once from a photo I gave him, so I know I am in good hands. My goals for the weekend now are to work on this next copy edit and on getting photos taken of my Etsy merch that's hopefully going to finance the first press run of the book.

No comments: