Thursday, April 24, 2008

Book Nerd Party Weekend

Here is the book fair I keep going on about:

http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/

My new writer friend who lives down in Orange County is coming up to visit for the weekend so we can go together, and my new writer friend from L.A. is going separately, and we may meet up with him, too, maybe hit the UCLA Taco Bell for lunch and go to some speakers's panels. My O.C. friend is a journalist and fiction writer who is trying to get a publisher for a novel that she wrote. I met her at the San Diego conference I went to in January. She is going to stay with me at the Sugar Shack for the weekend. (Good thing she likes cats, we have plenty.) We're just going to go to this thing and hang out and see what happens.

I did finish my book edits, and I printed out 25 copies of my ten-page sample and also 25 copies of my book synopsis, and I've got a whole stack of business cards to take with me. I did not finish my entire post-edit readthrough, and probably won't be able to before Saturday, but I'm happy with what I did get done and with the materials I have to hand out to anyone who might be interested. I was reading last night and my brain just shut down, and I went to bed at 9:45 pm. There are only so many times you can read the same book again in the same week.

No comments: