Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Drafting

I did a lot more work last night and this morning on my book edits, and I plan to devote my lunchtime to the same. I am about one-third of the way into this read-through; this book is short, so it doesn't take too long to complete a pass. I have been taking public transit a lot in order to free up time to write and work on my projects - I cleared up at least ten hours a week of writing and reading time by doing that, which is awesome. That's why the second book went so quickly, and why the first one did, too, in NYC. I lived on Staten Island and spent at least three hours on the ferry and subway every day, so I learned fast that you can get a lot done if you use that time productively. I am so in love with my books. I've worked so hard on them, but it's totally worth it. I've got The Flower of Knighthood to the point where the garment is completed, it's now just about sewing on lace and sequins. It's almost ready to wear to the ball.

No comments: