Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Career 2.0

Wired Magazine is preparing a style book for the new millenium, detailed here:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/wired-brings-style-web-journalists/story.aspx?guid=%7B98D0C925%2D82B8%2D4E1A%2DB742%2D900DDB99DCBD%7D

It will include updated information to help writers work specifically for the internet as opposed to print. I am looking forward to reading it, and I also plan to take more classes in practical web applications for writers later this year when my schedule frees up some. I am not naturally techy, but I do love the resources of the internet, and I like writing for the web. Many of my articles have been published both in print and online and I want to acquire more tools to augment my writing in on online platform. I'm not tech-oriented but I'm not a Luddite, either, and I don't mind reinventing my career; it's just reality that you need to do that. The internet is the most exciting thing that's happened in my lifetime - you can reach an unimaginably large audience with your ideas and creativity. I am grateful to avail myself of that opportunity, and excited to learn new skills.

No comments: