Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Organizational Psychology

I woke up this morning thinking that I want to make a spreadsheet of goals I have for the rest of this year and beyond. I need to get really minutely organized on some of my projects because they are tediously detail-oriented and have specific steps that I need to follow in order to actualize them. The most obvious of those is my aim to publish The Flower of Knighthood as soon as is humanly possible. I desperately need closure on that project, not that I have not enjoyed making the book, but it has gone on for years and I want it to be real. I need to follow up on the publishing leads I do have, research more potential publishers, go over the self-publishing materials I received from the workshop I took a few weeks ago, and make a decision. I am also trying to attend the Arthurian conference in France in July and that will take some additional planning on top of what I have already done. I need a new laptop, too, and I know which one I want: an Apple Mac Book Pro. It's not cheap, and I need to generate some additional income in order to get it in the near future. I need to get cracking and publish some more articles to cover that expense. I am angling to write at least one arts and culture travel piece to gain some income from the France trip and offset some of my costs for that, too. I can write it off next year, but I'd like to get some money back from it sooner if I can. I also want to try to at least blog about the book festival coming up at UCLA, and I'd love to land a paying piece about it, as well. I have declared a moratorium on all classes and workshops (except free ones) until I pay for my plane ticket to Paris and my laptop. I am also refusing to take on any projects in the next couple of months other than those which will directly serve the above goals.

No comments: