Monday, April 28, 2008

Intuition

I was on an intuitive streak this weekend, with some help from the universe. As I mentioned below in my book fair rundown, in a big Persian bookstore, I walked right to the exact text that my friend has been looking for. I was drawn to it because of my own work, which ties in with the subject, though I had never heard of that particular author or book. I just jumped at the title when I saw it. I also went upstairs on Saturday evening to check on my housemate's two Siamese cats, and there were two paperbacks that had fallen out of the bookshelf in the common area on that floor of the house. They do that sometimes because the shelf is too full and they shift over time and tumble off the ledge like ripe apples from a branch. I was tired so I thought I'd get the cats first and then put the books back. When I walked out of the bedroom, I noticed one of the books looked like it was in Arabic. I was afraid it was a Koran, which is not supposed to lie on the floor, so I bent to pick it up. It turned out that it was a paperback account of a woman who went to live with an Iraqi family and wrote about the experience. It just so happens that my guest recently befriended an Iraqi man and has been looking for guidance to understand him and his culture. I took the book down to her, and blew her mind with it. She asked me the next day how I did that, and how I found the first book, The Man of Light, and I answered that I really didn't so much, but that I was led to them. I let my subconscious direct me, and things like that happen to me all the time. She told her Iraqi friend and he was kind of amazed, too. It happens so often, I guess it doesn't surprise me any longer, although I surely don't take it for granted. I just work with my environment and let it tell me what to do. I figure God puts me where He wants me, and gives me what He wants me to have, providing me with just enough information to keep me moving forward in the direction He wants me to go. So I just go with that flow. It hasn't failed me yet.

No comments: