Monday, April 14, 2008

Reality

I have missed my self-imposed deadline for finishing another proofread of my book manuscript for The Flower of Knighthood, but I am pleased with the progress I made regardless. I underestimated how tired I was, and once I factored in working on my taxes, I realized I was being optimistic but unrealistic. After lots of sleep and a little recreation (watching Cloverfield and The Fifth Element with my housemates, eating Cold Stone ice cream and doing some web-surfing), I did get some work done on the book. It's at the point where it's totally publishable, as the tweaks I am making are just refinements and perfection of the finished piece, so that is good to see. It's amazing to me that after living with this book for several years now, I can still find improvements to make, but that's how it is. As long as I have another draft by April 25 for the LA Times book fair, I will be ok, and I think that goal is realistically do-able.

No comments: