Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thank You Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Michael, Gabriel, Dionysos and Whoever Else Helped With This Airline Ticket - Paris is Again a Go

I finally got my e-ticket confirmation for my flight to Paris for the conference. I am so grateful. I even got great seat assignments for all four travel segments, mostly on the row by the emergency exit with lots more legroom. It pays to book early. I somehow have trip insurance included, which is also great. I am going to call the airline directly and confirm that they have me in their system, just to be on the safe side, and then I can move forward with the rest of my trip-planning activities. I received another email yesterday from the first broker saying my charge did not go through and I need to call them immediately. Well, gee, I've been trying to do that for three days. They'll just have to excuse me, because I am done with it. If they give me any problems, I have all the documentation of the several emails I sent them while on hold trying to pay them once I got the fraud protection lifted, the emails to which they never responded and the held calls they never picked up; whatever to them, good riddance. I am so glad I did not get that flight, because if it was that hard trying to get through to them to give them money, imagine what it would have been like if I actually had a problem and got stranded somewhere. No thank you.

No comments: